Dr. Seltzer Speaks Before Congress
Dr Seltzer was recently invited to be part of a panel of experts to appear before a caucus made up of
members of congress as well as other representatives from government agencies and the military to address “The National Crisis of Undiagnosed Dangers of Airway and Sleep Problems.”
This panel included members of the American Sleep and Breathing Academy, the Pro Player Health
Alliance and The Alpha Center of Washington DC.
One of only five dentists from around the country chosen to speak on the topic of oral appliance
therapy and compliance monitoring, Dr Seltzer was selected because of his extensive experience and expertise in this area. Others included celebrities from the NFL, airplane pilots, and the medical world.
So many lives are affected by sleep disordered breathing issues. The consequences of these problems not only cause life threatening issues for the individual but they have now become a public safety issue. The lack of restful sleep has become one of the leading causes of traffic related injuries and death as well as causes of train, plane, ferry, and shipping accidents. Furthermore, poor performance in schools and the workplace, industrial accidents, and safety in the military have also been attributed to poor sleep.
Dr Seltzer, Dr Rein, and Long Island Dental Sleep Medicine are proud sponsors of the Optimal Bowl & Wellness Challenge.
They have been selected to treat participating NFL alumni and other competitors in the Optimal Wellness Bowl who test positive for obstructive sleep apnea.
Along with members of the Optimal Wellness Challenge and the Optimal Wellness Group, Dr Seltzer and Dr Rein were among guests of the NYSE closing bell ceremony on January 10, 2014 that served to celebrate the start of the reality based web TV documentary series.
Dr Seltzer and Dr Rein have been selected by the Pro Player Health Alliance, www.proplayersleep.com who is endorsed by the NFL Players Association, to treat member NFL players who suffer from obstructive sleep apnea
Dr Seltzer and Dr Rein recently participated in a pre Super Bowl health symposium and health screening for retired NFL players at the both Columbia University in New York City and the Malo Clinic in Rutherford, NJ as part of the Living Heart Foundation and HOPE program.
This event was officially “kicked off’ at an event hosted by Long Island Dental Sleep Medicine at the Long Island Marriott Hotel in Uniondale, NY. Along with Dr. Arthur “Archie“ Roberts, retired NFL quarterback ,cardiac surgeon, and founder of the Living Heart Foundation, the Long Island Dental Sleep Medicine team screened retired NFL players for Obstructive Sleep Apnea .
In addition to screening players, the public was invited to learn about the effects of obstructive sleep apnea and treatment options. Several retired NFL players who have been helped with oral appliance therapy spoke on behalf of Dr Seltzer and Dr Rein and how their lives have been positively enhanced by oral appliance therapy. Testimonials included NFL legends , Derek Kennard ( Dallas Cowboys ) , Roy Green ( Arizona Cardinals), Nick Lowry ( New York Jets) , Bart Oates and Otis “O.J.” Anderson (both of the NY Giants). The evening events concluded with players meeting and mingling with the audience to share personal stories and sign memorabilia.
On the Web
- LIDSM Working with Retired NFL Players – PR Web | 02/14/2013
- LISDM Treats NFL Greats – PR Web | 01/28/2014
- NFL Legends & LIDSM Spread Awareness – PR Web | 12/05/2013
- NFL Legends Team Up With LIDSM – PR Web | 11/27/2013
- Living Heart Foundation includes Dr. Seltzer & Dr. Rein – PR Web | 11/15/2013
- Super Bowl Symposium – Newsday | 10/29/13
- Derek Kennard, Center for the Dallas Cowboys – PR Web | 10/25/13
- PR Web Press Release (SomnoMed Platinum Partner) | 6/7/2012
- Sleep Treatment featuring Dr. Seltzer & Dr. Rein in Newsweek
- How to Use Oral Appliance Therapy to Treat Sleep Apnea featuring Dr. Seltzer & Dr. Rein in MD News | 7/8/2011
- How My Dentist Saved My Thyroid, My Life and My Marriage | 1/3/2019
- Dental Sleep Practice Magazine spring 2019
- Dental Sleep Practice Insider SEPT 2018
- Sleep & Wellness Magazine | Winter 2017
- Dentsply Sirona World Magazine 2017